Download Basic Heating and Use Instructions for printing by clicking HERE.
Unpacking and General Use Instructions:
- Use caution when removing from packaging as edges may be sharp. Run a 3M Scotch-Brite Scrubbing Pad™ along all exposed edges then wash units thoroughly prior to first use.
- Dishwasher Safe! Use mild detergent, best in dish washer. When units are wet, be sure they do not touch each other or any other item. Stainless will not rust however in some cases a dark film can form, to remove this use stainless polish. Wipe units clean before replacing on carrier. Replacing dirty units on the carrier without cleaning is not recommended.
- All HOTdish units must be assembled and used on a flat, level, stable surface to work properly. The HOTdish chafer is designed to rest on the end legs and be carried only by the handles on each end, any other method of carrying will result in unit failure and possible injury to operator.
- Make sure all water pans and food pans fit snugly and are not deformed, if the edges do not fit snugly the unit will not operate properly, the edge must fit snugly to minimize steam seepage!
- Caution: All instructions are for area temperatures of 70 degrees or higher. Using the HOTdish chafers in colder areas or subject to wind or draft will require careful monitoring and possible fuel adjustment.
Never use more than 2 cans of chafing fuel per HOTdish Chafer, or more than one per HOTdish Mini Chafer, Also never place fuel at ends of chafing unit as this could burn food and cause fire hazard with skirting.
- Never leave lit chafing fuel unattended.
Designed Specifically for Use of Aluminum Foil Pans
For full size use HFA #2901 Full Size Deep, for ½ size use HFA # 321 Half-Size Deep
There are different fuel requirements and procedures to rethermalize and hold food safe temperatures. HOTdish chafers are designed and tested with Hollowick fuels in the following configurations, for best results use Hollowick EZ Heat fuels.
To use your HOTdish Mini
Install 1 can Hollowick EZ Heat 2-1-3 chafing fuel in the center of the base unit, set the wick at the low heat setting, light it.
Install the appropriate foil pan as a water pan, add 5/8 cup hot tap water, add another foil pan of same dimension as water pan filled with hot food. That’s it, your food will stay hot for up to 5 hrs. ( you will need to replenish the water in the water pan every 45-60 minutes)
To rethermalize using the HOTdish Mini
Install 1 can Hollowick EZ Heat 2-1-3 chafing fuel in the center of base of unit. Set the wick at the low heat setting , light it. Install the appropriate foil pan as a water pan, add 5/8 cup tap water, add your cold food pan of same size as water pan. Leave the cold food pan covered with foil, remove cover and stir product at 45 minutes, replace cover. ( you will need to replenish the water in the water pan every 45 – 60 minutes)That’s it your food will be hot in under 2 hours.
To use your HOTdish Chafer
Install 1 can of Hollowick EZ Heat 2-1-3 chafing fuel, centered in the unit, this should be set to high temperature per Hollowick instructions. Light the fuel. Install the appropriate foil pan as a water pan. Add 1 1/8 cups tap water to the pan. Install another pan of same size filled with hot food. Check food temperature every 15 minutes and adjust heat setting as needed. That’s it, your food will stay hot for up to 5 hrs
To rethermalize using the HOTdish Chafer (full sized unit)
Install 2 cans of Hollowick EZ Heat 2-1-3 chafing fuel to the interior base of the unit, Both cans should be touching each other at the center of the unit. These fuel cells should be set on low heat, per Hollowick instructions. Light the fuel, install 1 full sized foil pan to act as a water pan, add 1 1/8 cups of tap water, install second foil pan on top of first with cold food already in it, food pan should remain covered for first 45 minutes at which time remove cover, stir product, replace cover. That’s it, your food will be hot in under 2 hours.
HOTdish Chafer with Half Pan Adapters
Follows the same instructions for every application as applies to HOTdish Mini, remember to install one can of fuel under each food pan, also never use the half pan adapter with pans in only one side, the unit must have pans in both sides to maintain structural integrity. Single half pans can be accommodated by using the HOTdish Mini Chafer unit.